May 5th Update:
After a lot of communication together and with the current recommendations from the Governor, the CDC, and the Bishop, we have collectively come to the decision that we will not be able to open back up for in-person worship before May 31st. That date is not a guarantee, but a hopeful goal.
We simply do not feel it would it would be safe or appropriate, given all the guidelines we were being asked to follow, to try to have in-person worship at this time. We are working hard to have a plan in place, using the given guidelines, so that when we can open for in-person worship everything needed is in place to keep our church family together and safe.
We hope you will continue to support the church financially during these difficult days and that you continue to join us for online worship, as well as Sunday School, daily devotionals, and more as our amazing AUMC staff continues working hard to keep our faith growing together virtually as one church family.
Stay Safe and God Bless!
Shannon Reynolds: Church Council
Phil Kite: SPR
Jim Britton: Trustees
Rhonda Evers, Andy McCartney: Finance
Russell Smith: Lay Leader
Please look over this page for any relative information regarding AUMC and the current health situation.
- ALL services and events at AUMC are currently on hold until further notice.
- Weekly services will be streamed online on our Sermons page and on our Facebook page at 11 am every Sunday until we are safe to worship together again.
- After thoroughly discussing the ways we could provide Communion to our members, we agreed to wait until it can be done in a truly safe and sacramental way.
- Check out our Facebook page for video connections of Daily Devotions, Wednesday Night Bible Studies, Children's Messages, and Adult Sunday School Classes.
- Confirmation Classes for our youth have been postponed, confirmation will still happen before Summer should our situation improve.
- All tithes and offerings can still be made via:
Mail to - PO BOX 126, Aledo, Texas 76008
Text ALEDOUMC to 77977
Email Shari Burchell to set up an automatic transfer from your checking account.
- Manna Room hours are Tuesday and Thursday 12-3 pm for the foreseeable future.
- Helping Hands is still available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org